Business Development Manager, AOPL C, Beijing
The Business Development Manager position, located in Beijing, as part of Austrade’s Greater China Infrastructure, Resources and Energy team, will play a key role in identifying, developing and promoting business opportunities for Australian companies as well as attracting investment to Australia. The successful candidate will lead the team’s efforts in the energy sector. The Greater China Energy and Infrastructure Team covers industry portfolios including resources and energy, architecture design, building and construction, water & environment, and transport.
• Provide market insights, analysis, and identify opportunities in the energy sector for Australian companies, including renewables and oil & gas, as well as supporting other activities within the team
• Assist Australian companies to enter and expand business in China by providing strategic advice, preparing market research, and facilitating business introductions.
• Develop and maintain productive customer pipelines and stakeholder relationships, including local government and industry associations, other Australian government agencies, State Government representation in-market, Australian industry allies as well as professional service providers.
• Work as part of the team to develop business plans and deliver activities to achieve team and individual KPIs.
• Represent Austrade and Australia to promote Australian industry capabilities at events and business meetings.
• Practice new ways of working demonstrating adaptability and responsiveness to changing environments.
• Actively apply Austrade business practices and maintain accuracy of information in all Austrade Business Systems to deliver accurate and timely reporting and effective relationship management.
• Maintain Austrade standards and policies, including diversity in the workplace, ethical practice and compliance with audit requirements.
• Work collaboratively within the Austrade network to contribute to service delivery and achieve desired outcomes, while upholding the Australian Public Service (APS) Values, Employment Principles and Code of Conduct and Work Health & Safety (WHS) principles.
For more detailed information please view the Job Information Pack.
To be eligible for consideration and appointment you must have:
• Work Authorisation - to be eligible for employment with Austrade in the People’s Republic of China, candidates must be legally authorised to live and work in the People’s Republic of China at the time of appointment.
• Language - the successful candidate must be a highly motivated team member, fluent in written and spoken English and Mandarin.
• Security Clearance - the successful applicant must be willing to complete an Entry Level Screening Pack and be confirmed as a suitable person to access Government resources prior to commencement in the role.
Applications close at 11:30pm, Sunday 19 June 2022 (China Standard Time).
This is a locally-engaged position governed by Austrade’s Overseas Engaged Employees terms and conditions of employment and China labour law. Candidates must currently have the right to live and legally work in the People’s Republic of China. Austrade will not be able to provide any sponsorship letter nor be involved in the work visa application process.
Only candidates who complete their application in Austrade’s online recruitment system will be considered. Email applications can not be accepted.
Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to each applicant. We endeavour to respond to applicants of interest within a period of three weeks from the application closing date. If you are not requested to attend an interview, please assume that your application has not been successful.