Sun, 29 May|
ACAA Speechcraft Program Session 4
Speechcraft is a blended practicing program designed to provide optimal support for participants interested in building their communication and public speaking skills.
Time & Location
29 May 2022, 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm AEST
About the Event
Communication plays an important role in our daily life.
ACAA has invited Toastmasters International senior members Allan Rees-Bevan and Dale Rees-Bevan to present the Speechcraft Program in five sessions starting in April. Participants practiced the following skills in the previous three sessions:
- prepared speech
- impromptu (table topics) speech
- constructive feedback
It is not too late to join this popular activity - On 29 May, we will hold theFourth session in which you will:
1. Give a 3 to 4 minute speech about anything inspiring
- Choose something to show off your voice and body language and which has impact
- Use the basic speech structure and top ten tips
2. Give constructive feedback to speakers
3. Take a role in the meeting
- Meeting Chairman (control the flow of the meeting)
- Speech Chairman (introduce speakers and their speech titles)
- Table Topic Chairman (prepare around 7 questions and pick person to answer)
- 3 Evaluators – give feedback to speakers
4. Learn "How to use WORDS to get a desired outcome"
Allan Rees-Bevan is a Director and head of Presales for the APAC region in Morae Global, the world's leader in legal technology services. Allan's day is full of presentations to the global team and client base. The best thing Allan did was join Toastmasters when he was 19. Out of all the qualifications and domain knowledge he has acquired, the ability to stand up and present with confidence and enjoy it, has formed his career more than anything else.
In Toastmasters, Allan has had several leadership roles and opportunities to step even further outside of his comfort zone. Toastmasters has improved his speaking, and leadership, and he continues to learn every time he attends a meeting.
Dale is a speaker, trainer, certified World Class Speaking Coach™, past president of Professional Speakers Australia NSW/ACT, president of SpeakersBank Australia Incorporated and author of The Speaking Formula. Dale loves language, learning and laughter and believes in combining these in equal measure in all her sessions.