Sun, 08 May|
ACAA Speechcraft Program Session 3
Speechcraft is a blended practicing program designed to provide optimal support for participants interested in building their communication and public speaking skills.
Time & Location
08 May 2022, 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm AEST
About the Event
Communication plays an important role in our daily life.
ACAA Toastmasters Club will launch on 1 July. With support from the Scanlon Foundation, our Club offers 20 seats and is recruiting members! We especially welcome individuals from different cultural backgrounds. We provide a fun, safe, and supportive environment for you to practice public speaking.
To prepare for our launch, ACAA has invited Toastmasters International senior members Allan Rees-Bevan and Dale Rees-Bevan to present the Speechcraft Program in five sessions starting in April.
The first two sessions shared and practiced the following skills:
- table topic skills
- top ten tips for great speeches
- how to use your voice and body language
- how to give constructive feedback
- how to influence audience in ZOOM environment
It is not too late to join this popular activity - On 8 May, we will hold the third session in which you will:
1. Prepare a 3 to 4 minute speech about anything
- Choose something to show off your voice and body language
- Use the basic speech structure and top ten tips
2. Give feedback to speakers
3. take a role in the meeting:
- Meeting chairman (control the flow of the meeting)
- Question Chairman (prepare questions/topics and select speakers to answer during the session)
- Speech Chairman (introduce speaker and their speech title)
- Evaluators – give feedback to speakers
- Timer (must know how to use Zoom backgrounds)
4. Learn - How to add IMPACT to your speeches
Allan Rees-Bevan is a Director and head of Presales for the APAC region in Morae Global, the world's leader in legal technology services. Allan's day is full of presentations to the global team and client base. The best thing Allan did was join Toastmasters when he was 19. Out of all the qualifications and domain knowledge he has acquired, the ability to stand up and present with confidence and enjoy it, has formed his career more than anything else.
In Toastmasters, Allan has had several leadership roles and opportunities to step even further outside of his comfort zone. Toastmasters has improved his speaking, and leadership, and he continues to learn every time he attends a meeting.
Dale is a speaker, trainer, certified World Class Speaking Coach™, past president of Professional Speakers Australia NSW/ACT, president of SpeakersBank Australia Incorporated and author of The Speaking Formula. Dale loves language, learning and laughter and believes in combining these in equal measure in all her sessions.
speechcraft session 3